Establishment of Asahi Kasei Advance Vietnam
November 14, 2019
Asahi Kasei Advance Corp.
Asahi Kasei Advance has established Asahi Kasei Advance Vietnam Corp. in Hung Yen province near Hanoi, Vietnam, and has decided to launch the operation of sewing fabric for airbags.
The Asahi Kasei Group supplies airbag manufacturers with yarn, and has invested in a weaver that manufactures airbag fabric. Entry into the airbag fabric sewing business marks an expansion of Asahi Kasei’s airbag-related business for greater earnings.
Vehicle airbags are a major application of Leona™ nylon 66 filament, and continuing growth is forecasted as vehicle production rises in Asia, the number of airbags per vehicle increases, and safety requirements become higher in various countries. Furthermore, airbag design and development are expected to diversify as trends for CASE (connected, autonomous, shared/service, electric) result in a greater variety of vehicle interior spaces.
Asahi Kasei Advance Vietnam will enable the Asahi Kasei Group to expand its airbag-related business in line with changing needs in the airbag market while reinforcing connections with module manufacturers and vehicle manufacturers.
Corporate profile of Asahi Kasei Advance Vietnam
- Hung Yen, Vietnam
- Kazuyuki Obara
- 100% Asahi Kasei Advance Corp.
- February 2019
- Sewn airbag fabric
- 5 million pieces per year*
- *In phase 1, capacity will be incrementally raised to 2.5 million pieces per year from 2019 to 2022. Within a few years subsequently, capacity will be raised to 5 million pieces per year as phase 2.
- Equipment start-up
- March 2020
Asahi Kasei Group airbag-related business
- Manufactured by Asahi Kasei Corp. in Nobeoka, Japan
- Manufactured in Nagasaki, Japan, and Nantong, China, by partner in joint venture of which Asahi Kasei Corp. has an investment
- Performed by Asahi Kasei Advance Vietnam in Hung Yen, Vietnam