Data Protection: Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy
(Standards for communication through official accounts on social networking services)
This policy prescribes standards for the management and use of the below-listed official accounts on social media ("Official Accounts") by Asahi Kasei Corp. and its subsidiaries ("Asahi Kasei Group").
2. Rules of behavior
This policy applies to all users ("Users") of Official Accounts of the Asahi Kasei Group on social media (including ancillary services) operated by other parties.
We comply with the Asahi Kasei Group Code of Conduct in our use of social media, and strive to provide the general public with fair, impartial, and accurate corporate information in the most timely manner possible.
3. Purpose of use of social media and definition of Official Accounts
The Asahi Kasei Group uses social media to communicate with the general public in order to build favorable relationships with our various stakeholders such as customers, shareholders/investors, suppliers, local communities, and employees.
Within this policy, "social media" is defined to be services in general which allow the formation of social-type networks through the dissemination and receival of information, notwithstanding any definitions proffered by service operators.
Official Accounts of the Asahi Kasei Group are social media accounts established, managed, and used for corporate activities by units of legal entity, business division, or product category, with the approval of the authorized person in each responsible organization.
4. Handling of posts on Official Accounts
Posts may be deleted, accounts may be blocked or deleted, and other appropriate measures may be taken in the following cases:
- Infringement or encroachment of the rights or property of the Asahi Kasei Group or third parties
- Defamation or slander of the Asahi Kasei Group or third parties
- Violation of the privacy, trust, or honor of a member of the Asahi Kasei Group or third parties
- Imposition of detriment to the Asahi Kasei Group or third parties
- Impersonation of a member of the Asahi Kasei Group or third parties
- Instigation or potential instigation of unlawful acts
- Offense or potential offence against public order and decency
- Affiliate marketing, advertisement, or promotional activity
- Pernicious, obscene, or violent information or depictions
- False or erroneous information
- Violation of a policy of the social media
- Other acts reasonably deemed to be inappropriate by the Asahi Kasei Group
5. Disclaimers and other provisions
- The Asahi Kasei Group does not reply to all comments on social media
- The Asahi Kasei Group does not reply to inquiries by direct message
- Official Accounts may be discontinued, deleted, or changed without notice
- The Asahi Kasei Group bears no obligation to guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on Official Accounts
- The Asahi Kasei Group bears no responsibility for comments posted by Users
- The Asahi Kasei Group bears no responsibility for any conflict or dispute among Users or between Users and third parties with respect to Official Accounts and their ancillary services
- The Asahi Kasei Group bears no responsibility for any loss incurred by Users through the use of, or inability to use, Official Accounts, except as provided by law
- Content posted on Official Accounts is deemed to be nonconfidential, with Users retaining no rights; by posting, Users are deemed to gratuitously grant the Asahi Kasei Group nonexclusive worldwide rights to the use (including processing, excerption, reproduction, publication, and translation) of the content, and deemed to agree not to exercise copyright or other personal rights regarding the posted content with respect to the Asahi Kasei Group
6. Handling of personal information
7. Amendment of this policy
This policy may be amended without the consent of Users in accordance with applicable law.
8. Governing law and competent jurisdiction
This policy is governed by the laws of Japan. Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive agreed original jurisdiction for any dispute between Asahi Kasei Corp. and Users regarding the use of Official Accounts and their ancillary services.
Established December 2018